Advertising Cookies and OPT-OUT
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you contact us, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit with information from other services we provide or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access the As Snug As A Bug website, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, browser location, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send an email, fill out an enquiry form or communicate with As Snug As A Bug in some other way, we may retain those communications in order to process your queries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address or phone number to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – As Snug As A Bug offers location-specific services. If you use those services, we may record your location preferences with your account.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of As Snug As A Bug or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
As Snug As A Bug’ processes personal information at our workshop in Seven Hills, Australia.
You can contact us to review and control the information that As Snug As A Bug holds about you. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the As Snug As A Bug website features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
As Snug As A Bug is owned by Complete Car Care and only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Complete Car Care in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of As Snug As Bug, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to As Snug As A Bug employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing And Updating Personal Information
When you use As Snug As A Bug services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain our backups, after your information is deleted, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from all our backup systems.